BioEconomy Forum - Programme 2014
Main Venue: Administration Pavilion, Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site, Barcelona
Session 1 · Opportunity
Opening: Presentation of the Barcelona BioEconomy Forum 2014: From Koli to Barcelona
Keynote addresses: How can leaders drive the transition towards a sustainable bioeconomy?
Plenary & discussion: Challenges and opportunities to advance the bioeconomy
Session 2 · Strategy
Plenary & discussion: Exploring strategic issues through successful storiesThemes:
- Financing, evaluating and caring for non-tangible goods
Conservation versus renewable raw materials.
- Accelerating the transition to a sustainable bioeconomy
Investing funds and policies in replacing non-renewable resources.
- Exploring the water – energy – food nexus
Sustainable development to balance different needs.
Session 3 · Action
Plenary & discussion: Translating strategy into action
Workshop: Proposals for action
- Engaging society (consumer attitudes and behaviours)
- Policy framework for innovation and investment
- Maximising the contribution of the bioeconomy to sustainable development
Session 4 · Results
Plenary & discussion: Barcelona BioEconomy Forum conclusions
Results and dialogue
Field trip: Mediterranean forest and culture in Les Gavarres, Catalonia
Download programme as PDF