Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Posted in BioEco Forum News, Dialogues, News, Events
• The simplistic idea of "untouchable forests" should be substituted for a more realistic approach.
• Private forest owners and local communities are crucial actors that should be empowered and supported.
• Demand related to new applications must be coordinated with the traditional demands and limited to assure sustainability.quilibrium, through a mutual exchange of knowledge.
• We require a bottom-up approach, which must be facilitated by the top.
• Is the adage “Less population, less consumption” a solution?
• There is a need for North-South equilibrium, through a mutual exchange of knowledge.
• While increasing pressure on natural ecosystems, the bioeconomy could bring positive impacts to natural systems
• Scientists should also be present in administrative spheres while policy makers and land managers should be more involved in academic processes
• Scientific language should be adapted to make it more understandable to everyone.